TxDOT's Flight Services provides low-cost travel to state officials, employees or sponsored contractors traveling on official state business. The Aviation Division operates and maintains the fleet, which is based at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Why Use Flight Services?
- Reduces cost - rates lower than most commercial flights and same-day return flights means fewer overnight stays
- Reduces travel time - there are no check-ins or baggage claims and all flights are non-stop
- Accommodates flexible schedules - flights may be scheduled any time of any day, with as little as 30 minutes' notice
- Provides easier travel - all flights are more private than commercial routes, allowing for in-flight work or meetings
- Reduce loss of productivity by reducing travel times
- 24/7 operations and access to scheduling
How to Schedule a Flight
- To schedule a trip, please email Flight Services or call (512) 936-8900.
- Aircraft will be assigned based on need and availability, unless a specific plane is requested.
- A cost estimate will be provided prior to the flight being scheduled. The requesting agency is responsible for determining if the flight is cost-effective and meets state statutes for the use of state aircraft. Agencies are billed at the end of each month.
If your travel schedule is flexible, sharing a flight with others will stretch your travel budget. By purchasing empty seats on a TxDOT flight, your agency or organization can save up to 90 percent on the cost of a flight. All flights originate from Austin.
If you would like to reserve an available seat, contact our Flight Scheduler at (512) 936-8900. More information is available through our Flight Services office.