Balancing work and home life is important. That's why we have programs to help you succeed on both fronts.
Below are just some of the work-life balance benefits available to TxDOT employees:
- Initiatives to encourage and motivate employees to adopt a lifestyle that improves their overall health and well-being.
- Employees can become eligible for an extra half-hour for exercise three times a week.
- Group fitness classes, smoking cessation programs, blood drives as well as free or low-cost vaccinations.
- Complete a routine (annual) physical checkup with your primary care physician and receive an additional eight hours off from work.
- Counseling services available for you and your immediate family members through a confidential employee assistance program provided by a third party vendor.
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
We offer a tuition assistance program for eligible employees to pursue either a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution. TxDOT will pay tuition and mandatory fees up to a maximum of $3,500 per semester.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
While employed full time, you may qualify for forgiveness of any remaining balance on your Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP) loans. Under this program, an employee may qualify for forgiveness after the individual has made 120 qualifying payments. This forgiveness program applies to any public service organization, which includes government agencies such as TxDOT.
Other Work Perks
- Available flex or telecommute work schedules for eligible employees.
- Federal and state holidays off – between 8 and 13 days per year.
- Time off and tax deductions when you commute with others to and from work.
- Affordable legal representation through Texas Legal.
- Performance leave for excellent work on the job.
- Discounts on a variety of items such as car insurance, vacations, hotels, cellphone plans, sporting tickets and more through the employee discount purchase program.